Saturday, February 2, 2013

Old Love


Since February is the month of celebrating love in all of its many forms, I want to share this sweet, sweet New York Times article of two people who married at 71 and 81.

I know I'm guilty of thinking love is only for the young and you couldn't possibly fall in love after your 30th birthday or that romance dies once you hit 28 or so. I'm happy to admit that Sam and Eve's story made me realize that although our grandparents and their peers are old, they're not immune to love or romance or first-date jitters or any of those other amazing feelings that you experience in a relationship. If anything, they've experienced those feelings more frequently and more strongly than I have.

I don't really know what else I can say about the article, other than read it--it'll make your day a little bit brighter.

And now I'm going to go mail a valentine to my sweet grandparents.

xoxo and ps: I have no idea who the people are in the picture, but aren't they just the cutest?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx