Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poll: Fashion Inspiration


I've already talked a little bit about my own style here, but I was thinking about personal style today and I got to wondering: does everyone have a fashion inspiration when they get dressed in the morning?*


I don't, not really. I don't attempt to recreate outfits I saw on Pinterest or other bloggers**. I only do that if I have an out-of-the-ordinary item like printed pants and I need a little help coming up with ways to wear them. When I get dressed for an event, I go on instinct: what looks right, what looks wrong, what looks right but feels weird, etc. On a lesser scale, I do this on a daily basis as well. I have some "tried and true" outfits that I can pull out if I'm short on ideas, but I don't really have a difficult time putting outfits together.


Does this mean I have innate style? Maybe, but I think it's more just the fact that I really have multifunctional pieces in my closet or pieces that can easily work in different settings. I don't ever want to look "styled" or overdone as so many "fashion bloggers" do, at least in my opinion.


What about you? Do you borrow liberally from bloggers and Pinterest for outfits or do you go on your own instinct? Or are you somewhere in the middle? Obviously there's no right or wrong answer, I'm just really interested!

*That sounds so Carrie Bradshaw...now I can't not hear SJP's voice reading that question.
**This made me actually go back and look at my style Pinterest board...I don't buy specific items thinking "oh, now I can recreate that outfit I saw in X pin or on Y blogger!", I buy items because I like them and my board is an extension of that--it's outfits and things I like but don't necessarily wear.

1//2//3//4

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx