Thursday, May 9, 2013

Average?


I've been reading a lot of advice about how to get ahead in your career or how to be a better blogger or how to be more more, and it's made me really stop and think about life.

I think that we're so focused on always becoming better (being the best in our industry, becoming a famous blogger, being that girl who does it all) that we're actually all forgetting to live in the now. I know I'm totally guilty of doing this, and I know I'm not the only one.

I think we need to learn to accept and love ourselves as we are.You may not be the top seller in your department, but maybe you have a side hobby/business that's doing really well or you're in a really great relationship. Or maybe you're really really happy having a good work/life balance. All of those things are great.

For myself, I would love this blog to become hugely successful, but if it doesn't ever expand beyond my core 15 or so readers, that's totally fine. I would much rather have a super-engaged, small, strong blog readership than a lot of readers who aren't engaged or communicative. I want to have a successful career (or a career in general right now...), but if I'm not ever the CEO of a company, it's totally fine too.

I have dreams, goals, ambitions, ideas of where I'd like to be in 5 years, but I'm also starting to realize that not being "the most ______" is okay. Being average is okay. Self-improvement is good, but being happy with myself as I am, flaws and all, is okay too.

What are your thoughts?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx