Wednesday, July 10, 2013

This, That, or This Other? Part 2

Remember when I wrote this post and couldn't decide on a dress for an upcoming wedding? Well, I finally decided on one. As much as I (and y'all too) love the minty/gold DVF dress, it was just more than I wanted to spend, so I ended up going with the purple lace Shoshanna! Totally out of my comfort zone...so I have a backup dress in my closet just in case :)

Yay, pretty dress!

I freely admit that I'm terrible at accessorizing. I nearly always have a hair tie on my wrist as a "bracelet", chunky jewelry makes me cringe, and lots and lots of sparkle isn't really my thing. Normally, I'd throw a simple gold necklace on with the dress and call it a day, but the delicate lace edging of the neckline is something I want to show off and a necklace, no matter how delicate, would just compete.

So...I'm going to go with "statement" earrings and/or a bracelet. I just can't choose which earrings or which bracelet. 

This Marc Jacobs bracelet is simple, not overly chunky, and the texture keeps it from being boring. It's also priced right :) I'm just not sure...I already have a few delicate gold bracelets that I could wear instead.

 As far as earrings go, I love the idea of a bright, fun color pop. I love the Gorjana ones above, but I'm torn between the pink and the turquoise! I also have my eye on these Kendra Scott pretties after seeing them on a friend at a 4th of July party...so many color options!

Or should I play it super safe and go with gold earrings? Help me accessorize!!!

1 comment :

  1. I would completely be ok with you going super delicate on the jewelry with this dress! It's so stunning and the lace is such a statement in and of itself! Plus, very feminine. I would honestly vote for simple, delicate, gold jewelry everywhere. Although I do love the turquoise for a hint of color at your ears! Seriously excited to see you in this dress!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx