Monday, July 29, 2013

Decorating Daydreams


As my move creeps ever closer, I've been daydreaming more and more about finally being able to decorate my very own apartment. I've always had roommates, so I've never been able to decorate my entire living space exactly the way I want it. I'm so excited about the chance to finally have everything just the way I want it. Since I'm not bringing any furniture with me to Atlanta, I really do get a chance to start from scratch!


I'm leaning more towards a very edited, very curated apartment. I don't want it to look like I bought everything from the same place, I want it to look very organic--pick up a headboard here, pick up a dresser there, pick up a set of armchairs from somewhere else. I'm going to make a very conscious effort to only buy things I really love and to buy high-quality pieces that will last a while, rather than a year or two. I'm completely aware that it might take a long time to fully furnish and decorate my space and that's totally fine with me!




Of course, since I don't have an actual apartment lease signed yet, this is all just daydreaming right now! I can't wait to settle on a space, start decorating for real and sharing the process with you!

1//2//3//4//5

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx