Friday, December 7, 2012

Planning...and Not.

 1

You may or may not know that I am an obsessive planner. I am relatively ("somewhat" might be a better word?) easy-going in the majority of the areas of life, but schedules and plans and itineraries and to-do lists are absolutely essential for me. I get stressed out and anxious if something isn't scheduled or if I don't have a set plan of what's going to happen and when it's going to happen. Planning is one area in life where I am uptight and obsessive and can be absurdly rigid and honestly, kind of a bitch. (We all need grace for different aspects of our personalities, obviously this is one where I require a huge amount of grace from everyone in my life.)

Needless to say, graduating and having no clue what I'm doing after has been one of the most stressful experiences of my entire life to date.

Long story short: my original plan for graduation was to find a job pre-graduation, then start job right after...my revised plan was to move home after graduation and then concentrate on finding a job.

Well. Fast forward to today. All of my stuff is packed,we have a truck coming in the morning to take my furniture to Goodwill, and I get a call from a company in Atlanta (my #1 target city for a job! 2 hours away from Aubs!) that they want to interview me.

I'm pretty sure a million thoughts went through my head in about half a second, mostly along the lines of "umm...what? This isn't my plan!!" Well, no, it wasn't my plan, but it was God's. I can just picture Him listening to me making my plans and clinging to them for support, laughing the entire time about what He has in store for me and how it's so much better than anything I could ever dream up.

Coincidentally, the topic of my daily email devotional this week has been God's timing and plan. This is all just a way of the Lord nudging me and saying "Hey--your plan? Nowhere near as good as mine. Follow me, lean on me, cling to me and it'll all be okay. Better than okay, even. I'm always there, I hear you--and I've got it."

Right now, my heart is peaceful and thankful for such a loving God who shows His plan at the most perfect of times. Life is good.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness. ALWAYS. Always, this happens to me. As soon as I decide to take my life in one direction, something Massive and Glaring pops up to tell me "Nope, actually, you're needed over here." Its one of the things I love the most about life. We can't always plan for the bad, but we always can't plan for the good either, which makes for such a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx