Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What Kate's Listening To: Study Playlist

I'm currently in the midst of my last finals ever (!!!), and I've been going kind of crazy just studying in silence. Normally, I'm not a music person, I actually prefer to study or work in silence, but for some reason this year it's making me fidgety and generally just kind of ADD.

If I ever do listen to music while I study, it's very chill, calm, relaxing music. You know, acoustic and whatever. 95% of my iTunes library is acoustic and the other 5% is random stuff. I am definitely not that person who's up on the latest music or bands or anything...so don't expect any of that from me. In fact, at one point, I hadn't updated my iPod in about 8 months....shameful.

Here's what's keeping me sane this week:

1. Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
2. Let Her Cry (Hootie and the Blowfish)
3. Wedding Dress (Matt Nathanson)
4. Christmas Song (Dave Matthews Band)
5. She Is Love (Parachute)
6. Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show)
7. Austin (Blake Shelton)
8. Details In The Fabric (Jason Mraz feat. James Morrison)
9. Highway 20 Ride (Zac Brown Band)
10. All My Loving (Jim Sturgess, from Across the Universe)
11. Fire and Rain (James Taylor)
12. Welcome to the Black Parade (Piano Tribute Players)
13. Only Wanna Be With You (Hootie and the Blowfish)
14. Closer to Love (Mat Kearney)
15. Carolina In My Mind (James Taylor)
16. 5:19 (Matt Wertz)
17. To Sir With Love (Glee Cast recording) (go ahead and judge me for that one...)
18. Brielle (Sky Sailing)
19. Chances (Five For Fighting)
20. Stand By Me (Ben E. King)

What do you listen to when you're trying to focus?

Update: I just re-read this list of songs...y'all, I swear I have a) upbeat songs in iTunes and b) female singers/bands/songwriters. I am seriously not this depressing in real life...

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!