Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Shoe Wishlist: Espadrilles

I'll admit, I wasn't a big espadrille fan until a few years ago. Maybe it's because the rope sole is so inherently casual, maybe it's because they're typically blah colors, but they weren't high on my list for a long time.

However, espadrilles have totally become an It thing in the past couple years. I bought a pair of red ones about two years ago and they've become my go-to shoe in the spring and summer. I'm actually sad when it comes time to put them away in the fall. I rounded up a few pairs of espadrille shoes that I'm loving and contemplating adding to my closet.

Castaner "Carina", $195: I have these in red and I cannot tell you how much I love them. The wedge is the perfect height and they're so comfortable I can wear them all day walking around. The canvas is breathable and the ankle ties are so cute! I definitely need this beige pair since I wear my red ones so much. A note on fit: the front part does tend to stretch out with wear, so I'd go a size down if you're in-between sizes!

Ugg Australia "Lucianna", $150: Navy. Striped. Wedge. Espadrilles. That's basically summer in a shoe, right? These are absolutely adorable and the only pair of Uggs I'd ever consider cute haha

Castaner "Balbina", ~$260: These are pricey, but definitely an investment shoe. My Castaners have held up remarkably well for the incredible amount of wear they've gotten, so these leather ones would more than likely last even longer. The shape is classic, the color is understated and would go with everything, and the brand itself has been around since 1927--all things I look for in an investment.

Zara Shiny Leather Espadrille, $69.90: The perfect shoe for throwing on with shorts and a tank to go run errands, to take to the beach, or to wear with cuffed, destroyed jeans and a slouchy t-shirt. Something about these is just so effortless and cool to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx