Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Beach, Please.



I am drained. I've been on a year-plus-long "real" job search that's been totally disheartening and discouraging, I work 7 days a week at two different jobs, I haven't had a vacation in over a year...I am totally depleted of all sorts of things: enthusiasm, inspiration, happiness, motivation.

The only thing I have on my Christmas list (other than these boots, of course) is a 3 week beach trip with no phones or internet, no schedule, no work, nothing other than relaxing, soaking up sunshine and recharging. Doing things because I want to, not because I have to. Eating a normal dinner at a normal time, instead of cereal at 11:15 because I got home too late from work and put other things (like feeding the cat and washing clothes) ahead of eating. I'm tired of working on things until 2 am when I realize that I should probably get a few hours of sleep before I have to be up for another day of stuff...I want to be able to go to sleep at a decent time and not feel guilty.

Basically I want to spend 3 weeks at the beach living life like Oscar does.

all photos from this Pinterest board

3 comments :

  1. Thinking of you, girl! I hope you get that beach vacay, you sure do deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, too bad you don't have a friend that lives a block from the beach who's about to get a two bedroom apartment....
    ps You know you're always welcome here :) You can ride my bike to beach as much as you want. Plus it's got a side carrier for your beach chair and a basket for le booze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I am sending you a ton of vibes. I am totally not stopping! I'm increasing the frequency! Hang in there - I know easier to say than do. Get some kitty hugs from Oscar <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx