Friday, August 30, 2013

So.


I've been really hesitant to post about this, but seeing how I've chronicled basically every up and down of the past almost-year of my life, this is just another part of the story.

Remember that awesome job I moved across the country for and was super stoked about? Well, after 3 weeks of work at the company, they fired me. Flat out fired. No two weeks notice, no warnings or constructive criticism chats pre-firing. One of the owners called me into his office around 10 last Friday morning and by 11 I was home.

Understandably, it's been super hard to deal with. That's probably the biggest understatement I've ever made. If I'd been screwing up at work consistently and having poor feedback from customers I was dealing with, I can understand how firing would be a last resort. However, I'd been getting glowing feedback from customers, was on top of all my responsibilities, and was basically one of (if not THE) most organized people in the company. I knew what was going on with all my projects and what was going on with a good bit of projects I was minimally involved in as well, sometimes more so than the people who were actually in charge of these projects. I was fired for not being enthusiastic enough about my job.

There's a lot I could say but I'm not going to go into everything...but I'm now back on the job hunt (unfortunately). It's frustrating because everything I was excited about (work, decorating my apartment, buying new work clothes, etc) has now been put on hold. Instead of viewing my unfurnished apartment as a work in progress, it seems like a total burden and I kind of hate it. Instead of being excited about all the cool things there are to do in Atlanta, I feel totally trapped here.

I'm really going to try and stay as positive as I can, but it's hard. I'm okay though.

2 comments :

  1. this is terrible! but youre still so young and have plenty of time to get things figured out. when you find a new job youll be happy this didnt work out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx