Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Unpopular Opinions

 via Andrea Janes Photography (the natural light is s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g)

There are so many things that are "trendy" or "in" right now that are so not me...I can guarantee this is the only time you'll see the things listed below on What Kate Likes. I definitely fall into the unpopular camp for all of these things...

-Beyonce: I really don't get the obsession. Yeah, she's got some catchy tunes. Yeah, she has a pretty enviable lifestyle. But I don't really get why people are so obsessed with her?

-Statement Jewelry: It's pretty rare that I wear jewelry other than a simple necklace or pair of studs, but I'm so tired of statement jewelry. Far too overdone.

-"Arm Parties": My wrists are legitimately child-sized, so wearing one bracelet is a struggle for me. An armful of them is my biggest nightmare. And the phrases "arm party" or "stack"? Just no.

-Jennifer Lawrence: I know, I'm not a fan of the Internet's biggest darling, who am I? I think she seems nice enough, but also very crass...not my thing.

-Print Mixing: I just cannot even. It's gotten out of control.

-Topknots: The only time you'll find my hair in a legitimate top knot is when I'm getting in bed. Crafting the perfect top knot for the day? Ain't nobody got time for that. Buns, on the other hand, are my jam....

-Macarons: I love basically every other dessert on the planet, but I just cannot get into the macaron obsession. They don't really have a taste? Plus, I'd much rather have a full size cookie or a brownie or something that's big enough to justify spending $3+.

-Jack Rogers sandals: A preppy staple, but one that I think looks like it came out of your grandmother's closet. Sorry.

-Bar Carts: What's wrong with a liquor cabinet?

-Bows: If you're under the age of 10, sure. If you're in your mid-20s...no.

I'm sure there's a lot more...what are yours??? I'm dying to know, especially since some of mine are fairly controversial!

*If you're a fan of any of the things I listed, I promise I'm not making fun of you or anything like that...they're just not my favorite things or I don't get the hype. You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine :)*

2 comments :

  1. LOL love this. the blogging world is so...weird sometimes. i personally am not a fan of lulu lemon, nike frees, tory burch (i know i know). i feel like theres so many more that I can't think of right now

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list...and I love so many of the things on it! There are lots of things that other people love that I think totally work for them, but are ridiculous, uncomfortable, or unpleasant on/to me. I've finally accepted that I'll never be a fan of most classic literature, wrap dresses, or those signs you can buy at the dollar store that say things like "Live laugh love". I'm totally with you about the bows, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx