Friday, May 29, 2015

So Blessed

Hello! It's been quite a while....I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to India (!!!) and wanted to resurrect this little bloggie for a sort of travel diary for myself so I can look back on these experiences.

I was just thinking how absolutely surreal it is that I'm going on this trip. I'm so fortunate to be going to a completely new country, experiencing a completely different culture, celebrating a marriage of two people, being truly welcomed into someone's home and family...I don't even think I can explain or comprehend how blessed I feel.

A bit of background info about my trip: my boss is Indian and has a niece who is getting married next week. She's having a true traditional Indian wedding, complete with multiple days of celebration and parties. Ever since he first mentioned that she had become engaged (through an arranged marriage, no less), I have been fascinated with the whole concept and culture of Indian weddings. We think American weddings are lavish and extravagant, but they're nothing compared to an Indian wedding. The budget for this wedding is $3 million....! I couldn't spend a sixth of that on a wedding if I tried!

Anyway, my boss is legitimately one of the nicest, most generous people in the world and he graciously invited me and one of my coworkers to attend the wedding with his family, at no expense to us. Obviously I couldn't turn this opportunity down and have been frantically preparing since Wednesday to leave tomorrow.

I am so insanely fortunate to work with such great people. We went on a company trip last weekend to the beach and it was really like going on a family trip. I am so thankful to Gaurav and his family for literally treating us as part of their family and allowing us to celebrate such a happy, wonderful time with them. It blows my mind how much things have changed since I first moved to Atlanta--the Lord really does have a much better plan for us than we could ever imagine or plan for ourselves. Everything I have right now just feels like such a gigantic blessing that I don't even think I deserve. I am so excited for all of these new experiences that I know I'll remember forever.

I can't wait to share more!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx